4 July 2011

My time is now precious.

I never realised how much of a cut my time would take, what with me having a part time job and all.

I haven't stepped foot inside of a gym in two weeks and my waistline is SO PROTESTING. One could say that to compensate I should cut my caloric intake. That would be smart. I am apparently not that smart.


Also, my kids are having a hard time with me leaving them a couple days a week to go to work. As I'm writing this, I've come to the realization that their recent whining is a direct result of this. They're used to having my undivided attention every moment of the day and it's taking some getting used to.

That said...I'll be making more of an effort to figure out how to get to the gym at least 3 times a week. Perhaps a bike is needed so that I can get there quickly during the day while at least Josh is sleeping . This is where Liam makes the big bucks with babysitting.

And the kids being whiney little a-holes? That's where me getting down on their level more often will come into play. They just miss their mommy, and maybe now that I understand this it will translate into me being more patient with them. They're just almost 2 and 3 after all. And they need this opportunity to become more independant of me.

I don't think we need to contemplate whether the 12 year old misses me. Especially at this moment when he's restricted to the house after a less than stellar 3rd term report card. Oh the joys of parenthood.

Honestly though, some days it's a joy to walk out the door. I probably need this just as much as they do. Ahhhhh.

2 comments:

Feisty Irish Wench said...

All children need to see their parents pursue what gives them joy, and seeing that coming back home to the family makes them smile all the more.
When mama feels confined or pinned in, she gets defensive and cranky about it. Every parent needs "off duty" time.

Rachael said...

I've worked out of the house pretty much since TJ was born (well, 8 weeks after my c-section, but you know what I mean). I work 2nd shift, so I'm with him all day and my husband is with him all night. He still has many nights when he just cries for me, and he's even told me that I need to stop working. It just hasn't gotten any better, even though I feel like he should be used to it.