5 June 2012

Oh Mr. Sun!

Nothing makes a mom appreciate summer weather like a rainy day. Or, as I like to call them, the longest days ever.

This morning, still snug in my bed with the little ones talking to their dad as he was getting ready for work, I had no idea what was in store for me beyond the curtains. No idea that I'd be cursing Jeff with every step I took in the pouring rain that he had to remind Nicky that today was a school day. No idea that I'd be giving up my precious umbrella to the kids in the stroller so they could be just that little bit drier. As I got more and more wet.

It was a toss up between listening to Nicholas whine all day about school or walking the ten minutes there and ten minutes back in soggy weather. For me it was a no brainer. I knew I'd have the afternoon to listen to the whining to go outside anyway, and I knew I had to save my sanity. Off we went.

So school time has come and gone, we've had lunch, watched a favorite movie, played hide and seek, drawn a bit, they've played on their own, fights have been broken up...and it's only 2:30. Days like this, I really wish they still napped.

Longest day ever.

No comments: