28 May 2012

Different stuff.

What can possibly have kept me from this blog for so long? It's not like my life has been boring (any more than usual anyway) and I like to think I'm witty enough to make even the most mundane topic semi-interesting.

Let's see, we've got the kids. I always write about the kids though. And you know what? They're textbook perfect kids, for their ages. The two year old is tempermental and is prone to giving us shit and throwing tantrums at the drop of a hat. The four year old is tempermental and is prone to being sassy and bursting into tears at the first sign of trouble. The thirteen year old is prone to periods of moodiness and can never seem to talk loud enough, thereby earning the nickname Mumbles.

If you didn't know me and my family, you'd be shocked to learn they're all boys.

Then there's my friends. Both the ones that are right here in my real life that I can touch with my two hands, and the ones that live only in my computer. I've had the opportunity to meet a handful of those mythical 'online friends' and I can tell you, they're real! And not psyco-murderers!

This weekend I got to go wedding dress shopping with some of my closest 'in real life' friends and it was lovely. I got to be there as my best friend found The Dress, and then for dinner as we all got pumped up about the upcoming Vegas stagette. It was awesome to be able to connect with friends again, especially since I really don't do much during the week except take care of children, work a bit to get away from said children, and run.

Oh ya, running! One of my friends-in-the-computer really made me start to get serious about it. I won't say that she put the thought in my head, because it's been about 2 years that I've started and stopped running, over and over. But she's the one that really made me push through the part of my running program where I would have just given up and not bothered anymore. Where she is now, is where I'll be in another 6 months. And that's the definition of inspirational.

It's just in the last few weeks that I've started to feel like a real runner and not like someone just playing at it. I can run almost 30 minutes at a time, which is uh-mazing when I think back to starting the program and not being able to imagine lasting for 90 seconds. And I remember freaking the eff out when I realised I had to jump from running 9 minutes straight to 20. Now, 20 minutes in is when I'm in the middle of my huge adrenaline rush.

On my Saturday run, I kept getting the thumbs up and smiles from people I passed in the neighborhood. Sure, 90% of them were from elderly people...like the old lady power walking or the dude riding his bike. It was still encouragment!

So there's me at the moment. A running obsessed mom who's finally starting to get out a little more and enjoying socializing with friends. And one who is going to make the promise (for the 20th time) to try updating a little more. 

p.s. I really need to start having definite topics for these posts instead of being all over the map like I am today. There's only so many ways you can make a blog title of 'This and That' or 'A Bunch of Random' or 'Let's Recap the Last Month'. Sheesh.

No comments: