9 February 2016

Trying not to lose my shit over here.

I don't mean to belittle the emotional angst teens go through, god knows that it really wasn't that long ago that I was composing lyrics baring my jealous heart and glaring at everyone through my dyed black hair.


Thinking that nobody could ever understand what went on inside my head and shut up stupid adult trying to tell me how to live my life. I'll be a loser who doesn't go to University if I want to, it's my future to do whatever I want with.


The only people who got it were my peers, lets go smoke a joint in the field across the street from school/get drunk on wine from the parents cellar and steal the car while they're out of town/drop acid and trip out looking at all the gum squished into the pavement downtown.


I would sit there as my mother lectured me for the 4th time that week, sitting on the edge of her water bed and rolling my eyes so hard, letting it all go in one ear and out the other. Sure mom, lets sign another contract promising that I'll try harder in school. Pfft.


Being on the other side is infinitely more complex and humbling. Ya, those adults actually did know what they were talking about.


Try telling that to a 16 year old who knows it all and doesn't care anyway. I didn't listen. He won't listen. They all do whatever they want, and all we can do is throw consequences at them, watch them not stick, and cross our fingers they figure it out before it's too late.


And then they can go through it with their own asshole teenager.


Ultimate revenge.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It gets better....honestly 😊
Your real child will come back at around 19 years old

TrCodex said...

Bleach Vs Naruto, one of the most famous fighting games in the world, has a new update to you! In this version of Bleach vs Naruto 3.0 which is the same as the other updates, you will fight against maintaining SonnatTAT. Bleach Vs In Naruto 3.0, we hope you have a good time with good fun.

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
Nice post! Its really interesting. The ideas were good and helpful to us.

Malaivel Siddha Hospital said...

Wonderful post,This article have helped greatly continue writing...
HIV/AIDS Complete cure test result in Tamilnadu | HIV,HSV,HbsAg Cure Treatment in India
Medicine for aids in india | HBSag complete cure for Herbal in india
HIV I & II RNA PCR Quantitative-AIDS cure in Tamilnadu | VDRL complete cure for siddha in India