25 February 2010

Ha!

Jeff and I co-sleep with Josh, it works and allows us to get as much sleep as possible. Well, that is until Nicky decided that waking up randomly in the wee hours of the morning was a great idea. You never know when it's going to strike, it could be 4 or 5 or even 3 am-or not at all-but this child will wake up and be almost impossible to put back down. On those mornings one of us will take him onto the couch and fall asleep with him. Usually this job falls to Jeff since Josh is attached to the boob all night.

This morning at 5:30 the sleepless wonder struck so I stumbled to his room, tried my sleepy best to convince him to fall asleep, and ultimately ended up on the couch with him. Maybe 15 minutes later Josh realised that I (my boobs) were no longer there and started fussing. Jeff scooped him up against him, Josh latched onto his shirt, and everyone was back to sleep within 2 minutes.

That's a first!

No comments: