6 May 2010

It's All My Fault

So...we had a bit of a "situation" in the Panchuk household last night. It started Tuesday when I noticed that the dishwasher wasn't draining all the way. I spent my precious 30 minute break when both kids were napping at the same time with a turkey baster and coffee mug, sucking out the water from the bottom of the dishwasher. Fun. Try it.

Last night Jeff decided to take apart the dishwasher to clean the clogs. I knew, I JUST KNEW, that in the back of his head he's bitching away about how I'm not a dish-rinsing nazi like he is. That might have had something to do with how he kept calling me into the kitchen to see this long string of ___ (insert foodstuff) that he pulled out. Not very subtle, dear.

Here's my stand on the rinsing of dishes. I absolutely, whole-heartedly, 110% agree that dishes need to be rinsed before being placed in the dishwasher, IF they have obvious large clumps of food left on them. What they DON'T need is to be rinsed to within an inch of their lives, to the point where they're clean anyway and should actually just be dried off and put back in the cabinet. Because...WHAT'S THE POINT??? I purchased a damn dishwasher to clean my dishes for me, not to sit there and look pretty. And for those small crumbs of food that are left on the dishes, there is a mulching option in the drain for those, is there not? It's not like I'm stuffing potatoes and pancakes in there and expecting it to work perfectly forever.

(I actually could have written a whole lot more of that paragraph in caps. I practiced restraint.)

Anyway. Jeff got it all cleaned up and went to go screw on some part to some other part...and it snapped. Then he snapped. Then I snapped. Haha just kidding, I'm the voice of reason in this house. No, I put Nicky to bed and went and sat on the couch and nursed Josh while Jeff got it all out. And HOOOOOO boy did he get it all out. I'm pretty sure I heard some more blame coming my way, but not really my way, if you know what I mean. Lots of "if people just rinsed...." and "people think I'm nuts for rinsing...". Well, people DO rinse dishes.

People just forget sometimes to take the paper labels off of jars when they stick them in the dishwasher.

So okay, FINE, it's ALL MY FAULT.

Here's my punishment:

Photobucket

No comments: