10 September 2010

Pass me the coffee .

We're on day 3 of no naps for Nicky. Let me tell you, I've never been so exhausted in my life. Not even right after Josh was born and I was wrangling a toddler and newborn.

I miss my ME time. It was the time of day that I didn't have to talk to or take care of anyone. My lunch hour, if you will.

It is worth it though. If I can just get through the witching hours of 4-7, of which I count down every.single.minute., then he has gone to sleep like a charm. KNOCK ON WOOD. None of this getting out of bed and playing with his toys or taking off his pj's and diaper and wrapping himself in the blanket and then peeing on his carpet.

Oh, and he's actually slept on his bed the past 2 nights as well. Seems like a no-brainer, except every single night he takes his pillow and blanket and lays down on the floor. And then we have to move him before we go to bed. Which I guess isn't that big of a deal but it's annoying.

No, after 3 months of Nicholas taking on average of an hour and a half to fall asleep, it now takes him 2 minutes.

Next up, training the boys to sleep in the same room. I haven't figured out which one I'm going to put to bed first at night. Josh is pretty good at putting himself to sleep although once he wakes up during the night he will not go back down on his own. Nicky now goes to sleep easily too. We'll see, whichever order I pick I'm sure it will backfire on me and it'll have to go the other way.

In the meantime I'm still pretty damn tired. I suppose I'll get used to it.

No comments: